Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Week 23

Lillian and Naomi are five months old today. 5 months. I cannot wrap my head around this. Even though they have grown and changed so much from the tiny creatures they once were. Really. They are nearly 5 times their original size.

Here are a few of my new favorite things:

Naomi can't seem to smile without her tongue escaping her mouth. It's always poking around, like a little lizard.

Lillian has a definite complaint tone. She isn't crying and she isn't just babbling, but she is letting you know that she's not happy with her current situation. Mostly this happens when she's on her stomach.

They both talk back when you imitate their sounds.

Lillian reminds me of a prarie dog. When I carry her around, her head is just up, up, up, scanning her surroundings.

Naomi occasionally buzzes her lips before she gets started on talking noises.

Lillian waggles her eyebrows. I'm pretty sure she's related to Groucho Marx.

Naomi wrinkles her nose sometimes to start a smile.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FIVE MONTHS! You're right, it is incredible. I look at their pictures every day, and it is amazing how much they have changed. We are all so lucky to have them in our family.- Pat