Thursday, April 7, 2011

You asked for more!



I bought this 6' nylon tube at a kid's stuff sale tonight. Could be the best 6 dollars I have ever spent, and they only played with it for 20 minutes before we had to shuffle them off to bed. I knew Naomi would dive right in, and she did, crawling back and forth and peeking at me out the mesh windows. Lillian played with her little table at the other side of the living room, her back turned to us for a long time. I thought she might ignore the thing altogether. Finally, after I coaxed her from the far end, she crawled tentatively into the thing. Then she didn't come out for 15 mintues. She went from end to end, flipping around and poking at all the walls. She played peek-a-boo with Roxy through one of the windows for quite some time, shrieking with laughter everytime the dog booped her nose into the tunnel. (Rozy was, of course, terrified that the baby was somehow trapped in this airless containment device in our living room. The dog may need a Xanax or three.)

I know a lot of the video is just squirming orange nylon, but you have to envision the two of them in there, trying to get past each other as they headed for opposite ends and then changed their minds about 9,000 times.

I'm pretty sure we'll be dragging this out again soon.

No comments: