Wednesday, August 17, 2011

On a Happier Note.

I'm sorry yesterday's message was such a downer. It's a big transition for all of us, but there will come a time when this all seems normal. And then they'll go to college and I'll be all weepy then, too.

Nana came and picked up the girls with us today. I wonder if we're the weirdos the staff talk about after we leave. We're all misty-eyed and clingy and we come in mass troops for drop off and pick up.

Whatever.

After pick-up, though, we went to the splash park again to meet Amanda, Jack and Ivy. The girls bravely ran into the spray and once Naomi was thoroughly soaked, she demanded that we pick her up and carry her around for the rest of the time.
She did take a minute to make sure she looked cool in my sunglasses, though.



(Oh, and after dinner she threw the mother of all tantrums. I was going to dial an exorcist. But then she got over it and we snuggled a lot.)

1 comment:

Sarah B. said...

I've been sending C to daycare for almost a year now and everyday I have to literally stop myself from running into the Center, knocking the slow walkers out of my way, to grab him. I tell myself all good parents are crazy, right?