Sunday, June 10, 2012

Summer

It's off to a raucous start.  I have made a foolish promise to myself that I will try to post daily again this summer.    I think we all know that's not going to happen.But, I will amek attempts.  And in order to catch up to current standings, I have to heave a barrage of photos in your direction. I know you're offended.


 
 Nana and Papa helped us put in the 3 tomato plants in the garden.  The girls helped by scooping dirt and spreading lettuce and marigold seeds everywhere.  Naomi was very happy to pour the water from the can.
 This is "All The Way".  It is now the only acceptable way to swing, where Lillian is concerned.  Papa started it.  Shocking.  She likes to be pushed over your head, as far as possible, hang there for a moment, pay a kiss as a toll and fly to the clouds on the release of the swing.  She'll only allow a slow-down of 3 or four pendulum swings before she's shouting "All The Way!!".














 I took the girls to the playground to celebrate our last day of school.  We had a fine time, sliding and swinging and climbing. We packed a picnic dinner and watched a whole bunch of 9 year olds play baseball while we ate.




Those crazy U-shaped steps I was telling you about months ago. 
Don't know what they're looking at or what's up with Lillian's tongue.

  

This slide is, like, 20 feet tall.  For adults,
I think it would be like sliding down
a five story building.

 Friday, we took the girls in for the last day of day care while we ran around and got somethings done.  The teachers have declared that they will be sad to see the girls go.  They tried to talk us into putting them in for 2 days a week during the summer.  But, between the cost and our very flexible summer schedule, we decided it wouldn't make much sense.
 Then, yesterday, my favorite event of the year, Parade the Circle.  My pictures of the event are notably different than in years past.  Namely, none of the parade. Instead, balloons. The girls loved them. And making masks and painting and eating popcorn.  The parade? Eh.  Weird.



I'm pretty sure if we'd given Naomi a second balloon,
we'd have had to drag her out of the sky.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to eat them, they are so cute! This is when I wish we lived closer together, would have been fun to all go to the parade..."WEeeeeee love a parade, there's nothing like parading, it's so invigorating"

miss you boose.
-kate