Friday, August 10, 2012

Visit With An Actual Baby

As much as I might still like to call the girls "the babies", it really isn't true anymore.  They are really not at all babies.  Thankfully, other people keep having squishy bundles of wonderfulness that I can hold and gurgle at.  Namely, Kate. 
She brought Anderson, who is delightfully squishy and edible, up to visit at my mom's before we left for New York. We had a great visit with all the littles and the moms and grandmas (Wait! That makes Kate and I 'the moms', doesn't it?? Holy crap.  When my mom was our age, Kate and I were headed to prom.  Prom. Holy crap.)

Naomi and Lillian were absolutely captivated by this little man.  And Kate's bulldog, Olive.  It was probably a tie. 

Naomi performed Itsy Bitsy Spider for him.


They shared books and Nana's lap.  Lillian offered Anderson just about every object she could think of but wasn't totally convinced that she wanted him to take it.  It was more like, "See?  I have this thing.  When you get older, you can have things, too.  But right now, I have this thing.  And it's awesome." 


It was a great afternoon and a preview of more fun to come. I picture these three tromping around together when we go camping, getting dirty and giggling and making mild but interesting trouble. I look forward to them seeing another example of a great lifetime friendship.

As the girls went to bed that night, they both (especially Naomi) talked about baby Anderson and Olive the dog like they were the best things since sliced bread.  Pretty much.

Meanwhile, I 'm going to go and dig out prom pictures and pretend that it wasn't that long ago. It wasn't, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm certainly having the most fun in the last photo! Can't wait to do it again. Love you all.

-KEG