Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Never!

For the past few days, whenever a disagreement has popped up between the girls, this conversation has ensued:

Lillian: You'll never get that job!

Naomi:  I'll get that job.

Lillian:  YOU'LL NEVER GET THAT JOB.  ANY WHERE!!

Naomi:  I'll get that job.  EVERY DAY!

Lillian:  NEVER.  GET.  THAT. JOB.

And so on.

I can't figure it out, but it cracks me up every time.  I've asked at daycare, trying to find out if it's rooted in the morning helper assignments, but they can't seem to place it, and the conversation doesn't seem to happen there. For the most part, the girls get along famously, unless they are trying to hurt each other or maintain possession of a toy.  Or if the sun is in Naomi's eyes, at which point, she requests that the sun be moved so it's in Lillian's face intstead.  Under the bus, man. But they are willing to ethusiastically share potty stickers and Naomi tucks Lillian into bed, covering her with puppies and blankies.

Here is virtually the same story in photographs:









Here are some otherwise unrelated pictures:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lillian must be talking about the Secretary of State job that Naomi is destined for - though, if Lillian gave me that look, I'd start running... Pat