Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day 66

Things are still going well in our little household.

The girls are growing like crazy. It's making me a little nuts to not know their exact and current weights. For the first 7 weeks of their lives, I was updated every 24 hours, down to the gram. Now, I just know that Naomi's neck rolls are deeper and we've had to retire our preemie outfits. They are bigger, I just don't know how much! We have another pediatrician appointment Monday, so we'll be able to get some numbers then.

They are eating well, and sometimes letting us sleep. With William off still, we have a lovely shift schedule where someone gets to sleep for 5-6 hours at a time, but once he has to go back to work, that will be more difficult to maintain. Is anyone out there hanging on to our winning lottery ticket? I seem to have misplaced it.

They are starting to be more alert for longer stretches, too. Especially like tonight, after their baths. Lillian especially will rivet you with those huge eyes and just be engaging for an hour or more. Naomi prefers to sleep. Even while she's eating.

Roxie has started spending short amounts of time downstairs again, but once we're both occupied with a baby, she'll slink back up and hide, waiting for us to notice she's missing. It's hard being the oldest!

Someone's fussing now, so that's all for this evening!

1 comment:

Obie said...

No winning lottery tickets, Melinda, but I have days I'd love to donate...I bet we could keep William home longer if we pooled our resources!