Friday, January 1, 2010

Day 54: New Beginnings

We are still trucking along, reveling in the newness of having a Naomi here, waiting (not so) patiently for Lillian to join us.

We had a nurse visit us this morning to check up on Naomi, since we aren't scheduled for her pediatrician's visit until Monday. She's passed with flying colors! She weighed 5lb1 when we brought her home on Wednesday. According to the nurse's scale, she's now 5lb8. I find it hard to believe that she's put on nearly half pound in 48 hours. So, there might be some discrepancy in the scale, but the idea is that she's still gaining, so that's good. Naomi showed off for the nice nurse lady, being awake and captivating and eventually peeing in her mother's lap.

We dressed her up for the Ohio State game tonight, in her Buckeyes tee shirt and jeans. The picture's on William's camera, so I'll add it in later. Kind of adorable.

Lillian got lots of visitors today, William and Papa headed out for the afternoon and Nana and I did the evening tour. She doesn't have to share the attention with her sister anymore! We also think she's the senior baby in the nursery now. Time to come home!.

In honor of the new year, I'd like to hear from all of you. Leave a comment and tell us the things that you wish for and wonder for these girls. For example, I wonder if either of them will be able to sing. (Well, I wonder countless things. That's pretty much what I do with my days now, but I want to leave some for you guys.)

It's time to feed that baby that lives here now. Comment away.

7 comments:

Pam Foldessy said...

I feel so joyful when I read about the triumphs of your beautiful daughters. My wish for them is that for the rest of their lives, they bathe in the warm joy that springs from their parents, family and friends. Much love and happiness, Pam

Barb said...

I wonder if they will laugh so hard that they cry at stupid things like a Scrabble game!

Anonymous said...

I wish them happiness and long life. I wish them comfort in knowing what they have overcome. The hardships they have conquered will bond them and give them the strength and courage to face anything that challenges them. I wish them to know they are deeply loved and respected by family and friends.

Lisa Craig said...

I wonder what kind of music they will like? Will one girl be all artsy and the other a jock? I had a grandmother with a twin sister, and it always amazed me how tuned in to each other they were -- so I look forward to stories about how linked they seem to be to each other's feelings, etc., while still being totally separate people.

Unknown said...

Well bust my buttons, your latest blog is great news!

Pat says that she does not know how to respond, she but will call. Love the pictures. Keep the heels-a-clicking.

Love Richard

Unknown said...

I wish them health, happiness and a peaceful world in which to grow up. They already have great parents and I pray they will always stay close. I wonder how much they will look alike and if they will be tall, which is a good possibility.

Grandma Rand

Jen M. said...

How thrilling to see you and Will with the fruits of all your labors (pun definitely intended). These little ones are very blessed to have the parents they do. I am very excited to get to know them as they grow up.