Monday, February 8, 2010

Day 90-something.

I've lost count of days. You're not offended are you?

Today, though, the girls are three months old. They have been here, out in the world, in four different months. They have graced two months in two different years. They are incredible.

These are a few of my favorite things:

The way Lillian worries her hands together in front of her.

The way Naomi twists her head from side to side, searching for that bottle, while you try to burp her.

That Lillian stares intently at the little snail toy on her bouncy seat. And occasionally takes a swipe at it.

Naomi's tendency to want to snuggle early in the morning.

The way Lillian swims her arms in slow motion.

Naomi's ability to keep a pacifier in her mouth (as opposed to her sister!)

They both hold your fingers and squeeze.

Lillian's cry that very distinctly says, "Hey. Hey! I'm over here. Hey!"

When Naomi falls asleep with ehr hand curled under her cheek.

When Lillian bounces her head against me in the baby carrier.

Naomi's half smile when you kiss her cheeks.


p.s. At last weigh-in, Naomi was 9lbs and Lillian was 8lb6!

4 comments:

Barb said...

A few of my favorite things: The way Papa holds hands with Lillian. Naomi's enormous yawns. Walking in the door and having a child to hold and cuddle- the world's best therapy for whatever ails you. Giving baths! Lillian's wide eye look at the world. Namomi sleeping on William's chest. And my number one favorite thing: the two of YOU!

Barb said...

I have renamed my granddaughter "Namomi"...clever, huh?

BabyJack said...

What a NICE update. Lovely little moments to treasure. I think it is a wonderful thing to have lost track of days. It means you are living them.

Brad said...

That was so sweet and lovely. SO much nicer then unpacking moving boxes and trying to find stuff and deciding which drapes should go where. Today I hung three sets of drapes in the living room and ended up with the same pairs that I started out with.

You should make that favorites things blog into a card.