Monday, March 7, 2011

This Is How I Feel About Grocery Stores, Too.


On the way home from the ultrasound where we discovered we were having twins, we stopped at the grocery store. Stopping at the front door, I completely lost my cool. Sobbing, laughing. I could not, for the life of me, figure out how I was going to go grocery shopping with two babies. William was able to talk me down from the ledge, but it remained a mystery for a long time. I ended up just pushing the stroller and pulling the shopping cart. We made a little train. Didn't corner all that well, but we functioned. But, then! I discovered this little gem at the 'fancy' grocery store. I now prowl the parking lot, looking for it the cart corral. Twice, I have swooped upon a woman coming out of the store and traded her for the regular cart I was pushing--Lillian in the little seat and Naomi strapped in a baby carrier on my chest.

Sorry about the hiatus this weekend. We had a whirlwind of a time with all kinds of good socializing. By them time evening rolled around, I was just too wiped out to sort through photos and mess around with the computer. You made it, right?

3 comments:

Amber said...

Jackson loves these things but man, they're a little hard to steer!

Anonymous said...

Do they make these for 4? :)

Sarah B. said...

I keep thinking about this post. I still haven't figured out how to go grocery shopping with one baby. C is 8 months old and has been to the grocery store exactly once and to Target exactly once. You get huge bonus points for doing it with two.