Monday, May 2, 2011

Intermission?

Sorry that it's been a week since I last posted. It turns out that preparation for, execution of, and recovery from a 48 hour trip takes a whole week.

William and I skipped town this weekend to attend a wedding in Maryland and left the girls to take care of Nana and Papa. When we returned Saturday night, Lillian was so tired that she fell asleep in her high chair during dinner. She's never done that before, so I think they all did a good job of wearing each other out.

It occured to me that I should try to make a list of the words Lillian says now, since she keeps adding more.

Mama
Daddy
Baby (times 1,000)
Dog
Eat (which sounds like tee)
Kiss (which sounds like tiss)
Papa (which sounds like pa......pa)
Bubble
Play
Ball
Some version of Naomi that sounds like "may-may"
Some version of Lillian that sounds like "ninnian"

She imitates lots of words that you say and still does signs for "milk", and when she opens a book, she does ths long crazy string of sounds.

Naomi is more of a signer and when she says words it's in this crazy whisper. We've taken to calling her Gollum. It's charming.

And since I've been irresponsible with my picture-taking this chaotic week, here are a few bonus pictures from Easter, taken by Nat and Amanda.

Honk! Ivy greets Naomi


Naomi, in all her frippery.

No comments: