Sunday, October 29, 2017

Boo at the Zoo (again!)

I think this is year 5.  Sometimes, when we do these cute, little-kid things, I find myself asking, "Will this be the last time?  Next year, when it comes time for this, will we get an eye roll and a shoulder shrug?"  When will they look me in the eyes and say, "I'm too big for this, Mom."  
Thankfully, this was not the case yesterday.  There was still enough enthusiasm to go around. Leaping, shrieking excitement over getting to ride the carousel.  (I've gotten so old, they make me dizzy! I think I might have reached my last carousel ride.) The only real sadness was that the giant snake slide wasn't open this year.  (Come on, zoo people.  It's a given!) I could see the beginnings of some of the reluctance, though.  The hesitation to go dance at the "dance party"- which was a thumping speaker in front of a video screen - because they didn't want to be seen on the video feed.  But then they met another kid in a Hogwarts costume and they and Naomi shared the greatest, most confident one-pump handshake I've ever witnessed.  






No comments: